My new thing is learning how to simplify and declutter my life.
Here are 10 great ways to do just that:
1. Establish routines. The key to keeping your life simple is to create simple routines — a morning routine, a bill-paying routine, an evening routine.
2. Single-task. Multi-tasking is more complicated, more stressful, and generally less productive. Instead, do one task at a time.
3. Learn to say no. This is actually one of the key habits for those trying to simplify their lives. If you can’t say no, you will take on too much.
4. Delete games, social media, or other apps that keep you staring at your phone.
5. Unsubscribe from retail accounts and things you never signed up for.
6. Limit your buying habits. If you are a slave to materialism and consumerism, there are ways to escape it. If you can escape materialism, you can get into the habit of buying less. And that will mean less stuff, less spending.
7. Edit a Room. One room at a time, go around the room and eliminate the unnecessary. Act as a newspaper editor, trying to leave only the minimum, and deleting everything else.
8. Edit closets and drawers. Once you’ve gone through the main parts of your rooms, tackle the closets and drawers, one drawer or shelf at a time.
9. Clear your desk. If you have a cluttered desk, it can be distracting and disorganized and stressful. A clear desk, however, is only a couple of simple habits away.
10. Grab any clothes from your closet that you haven’t worn in more than a year and donate them.
Skin Diva Aesthetics Studio
410 N Marshall Street