FLAWLESS FOUNDATION APPLICATION TIPS
Foundation can make your face look flawless and airbrushed, or it can add age by creating a visible mask on your face. Let’s talk about best practices to give your foundation a flawless finish:
1) Chose your “perfect match”.
While making your choice of foundation, test it on your jawline or on your cheek in the daylight and, preferably, use a magnifying mirror. The foundation tone is correct if it disappears on your skin without blending.
2) Prepare your canvas.
To achieve flawless and “perfect” skin, make sure that you exfoliate and moisturize your skin regularly. Apply your day cream before applying foundation and wait for about 10 minutes to let the product “sink” into your skin. Primer is also a great tool to help you minimize pores, smooth the skin texture and mattify your face, but this step is totally optional.
3) Less is more – you don’t need to apply foundation all over your face.
Dab your fountain only on the places you need. For example, cover redness on the cheeks, hide blemishes and uneven skin tones for a more natural look. Start applying your foundation from the middle of your face and gradually blend it to the outer edges.
4) Use the right tools.
Makeup artists use foundation brushes or tips of their fingers, depending on the type of converge and finish desired. You can also dampen the blender or your brush for a more natural and flawless finish.
5) Concealer goes after foundation.
Find a concealer that is close to your skin tone, or one shade lighter (going too light will look fake). If you apply concealer after the foundation you will use less product and, with a foundation as a base, it will prevent concealer from creasing to achieve a more flawless finish. Avoid layering too much concealer, remember the rule – “less is more”.
6) Good lighting and magnifying mirror are your best friends while applying your foundation.
To avoid noticeable lines where your foundation finishes and your natural skin starts once in natural light, you should choose the brightest area in your room and apply your foundation there in front of a magnifying mirror.
7) Finish up your makeup using luminous powder.
Luminous powders have light-reflecting particles to give your skin a polished and glowing look.
ARE YOU READY FOR YOUR NEW FOUNDATION OR POWDER?
Skin Diva offers complimentary color matching!
Huckleberry Mountain Facial $60
While on vacation I was inspired to create a Montana infused facial for this month.
This relaxing, mouthwatering facial experience is bursting with delicious huckleberries and cherries! Great for all skin types and includes a treat after your facial
We all know how difficult it can be when you're trying to pack your suitcase for a summer get-away. I usually have to sit on mine to get it zipped while Robby Rob is standing there shaking his head. So to help avoid a bulging carry-on and unnecessary roughness from the TSA because your entire skin care regimen doesn't fit in a 3.4-ounce bottle, here are some simple skin care tips while traveling:
1. Keep It Simple
Pack only the essentials to simplify your skincare routine. Cleanser, Serum, Moisturizer, SPF.
2. Make SPF Your Bestie
This is a crucial step! Overexposed skin increases your skin cancer risk along with issues like brown spots, rough texture and premature wrinkling, no thanks! Look for a broad spectrum sunblock that the active ingredients are titanium dioxide and/or zinc oxide.
3. Avoid Those Hotel Toiletries
I know how convenient those little face soaps, washes, and lotions can be but they can also wreak havoc on your skin. They can cause dryness and irritation and who wants that? So bring YOUR skin care necessities on vacation with you.
4. Don't Forget To Hydrate
Drink lots of water lovelies! Add slices of fresh fruit for a refreshing boost. Keep hydrated inside and out for a healthy glow!
Have a safe and fun vacation!
Eye Gels vs. Eye Creams
Both eye creams and eye gels can improve the look of puffiness, dark circles, fine lines, wrinkles, loss of firmness, and crepe-like texture.
Eye gels are lighter and soothing and are wonderful in the morning to smooth, refresh, and help diminish AM puffiness. Look for ingredients like Hyaluronic Acid (hydrating), Aloe and Cucumber (soothing, decreases puffiness), Peptides (firming). The light, silky texture of most eye gels also work well under makeup.
Eye creams are best used at night, when you can apply a thick, protective layer to soak in while you sleep. Look for ingredients like Peptides (firming), Haloxyl (dark circles), Stem CelIs (vibrancy), Argireline (wrinkle reducer). If you find you need eye cream during the day, too, the trick is to apply only a thin layer and allow it to absorb before applying sunscreen (critical for the wrinkle-prone eye area) and makeup.
May I suggest Aloe Cucumber Eye Gel and Yogurt Kale Eye Concentrate (cream).
My new thing is learning how to simplify and declutter my life.
Here are 10 great ways to do just that:
1. Establish routines. The key to keeping your life simple is to create simple routines — a morning routine, a bill-paying routine, an evening routine.
2. Single-task. Multi-tasking is more complicated, more stressful, and generally less productive. Instead, do one task at a time.
3. Learn to say no. This is actually one of the key habits for those trying to simplify their lives. If you can’t say no, you will take on too much.
4. Delete games, social media, or other apps that keep you staring at your phone.
5. Unsubscribe from retail accounts and things you never signed up for.
6. Limit your buying habits. If you are a slave to materialism and consumerism, there are ways to escape it. If you can escape materialism, you can get into the habit of buying less. And that will mean less stuff, less spending.
7. Edit a Room. One room at a time, go around the room and eliminate the unnecessary. Act as a newspaper editor, trying to leave only the minimum, and deleting everything else.
8. Edit closets and drawers. Once you’ve gone through the main parts of your rooms, tackle the closets and drawers, one drawer or shelf at a time.
9. Clear your desk. If you have a cluttered desk, it can be distracting and disorganized and stressful. A clear desk, however, is only a couple of simple habits away.
10. Grab any clothes from your closet that you haven’t worn in more than a year and donate them.
Let's have a party for your face Mardi Gras style with the Skin Diva Drunken Avocado Facial!
An exclusive custom formulation by Jacque. Available for a limited time.
Your boozy treatment begins with a liquor infused scrub made from succulent Georgia muscadine grapes, sea salt harvested from U.S. shores, and Fitch's Goat Moonshine, a smooth finish of butter and berries.
Then we continue your trip down Bourbon Street with a cleansing facial massage using oil with soft warm notes of Madagascar vanilla and freshly distilled small batch Texas bourbon.
Next, shea sugar and citrus exfoliant gives your skin a good polishing.
Got to get that bit O' green with this celebratory facial so we're serving up an avocado butter mask, infused with fatty acids, moisture-locking and super antioxidants, green tea, goji fruit and pomegranate.
This treatment is intoxicating with no hangover!